Rattie story time

Here it is, my long awaited Rattie story time! Yay! This will be fun, only one of my rats is still alive so I'll start with the stories of the past.

Trix:
Trix was always the shyest of the rats and yet he was the smartest and was considered cuter because he was beige and white instead of black and white.

1. Trix would climb up to the top of his cage, which was located in front of the closest, and LEAP to my bookshelf I would find him on top of my paper in a little ball, content and utterly adorable.

2. Trix always seemed to be able to get into anything and his brothers would follow suit. Excuse me brother* Munch was always eating and being not very intelligent, Pippin would follow suit. I used to let them on my floor when they were little (big mistake) male rats mark so I would have to clean up after them. ANYWAYS, I had a desk and the rats would go under it, but Trix managed to climb up to the very top drawer and chew on crayons. WHY?! Because he was a baby rat, nothing they do makes sense. Anyway, I would freak out and search my room just to open a drawer and see him staring at me, trying to be as still as possible so I wouldn't see that he was EATING A CRAYON. His poop was magenta that day.

3 Trix was definitely the brightest of my rattie trio but he wasn't the alpha. Why? He wasn't the best at play fighting, his version was to gently bite Pippin's eye sinking his teeth very very slowly until Pippin would squeak. Then he would hesitate and continue to bite. Why?! Because he's weird, yeah he did that up until he died. My solution? Lie on my bed reading and whenever I heard Pippin squeak throw whatever that was near me at the cage. It was never a super heavy object, just something enough to startle him enough for him to get the gist. But sometimes I would find him biting down on Pippin's ear, I would walk toward the cage and he would release Pippin's ear and stare at the wall. Real subtle Trix. I would walk away and Trix would quickly trot back to Pippin and continue to nom on his ear.  You're probably wondering why Trix wasn't a good fighter? Pippin would play fight and Trix would just flip over and let Pippin walk all over his fat stomach. He could fight if he tried but he decided that nomming on his ear was more macho. (weirdo)

Munch

1. Munch was the fattest weirdest rat ever, so he obviously has some good stories. When he was little he used to SLEEP in the food dish because hanging out by it all day and eating all day wasn't good enough. Soon the other rats slept in there as well, bed and breakfast literally.

2. Even though much was amazingly fat, he wasn't overweight. Boy rats are usually quite large and that is healthy for them. He was extremely acrobatic, he could use the bars of the cage to flip himself upside down and jump to the floor, this is when he wasn't allowed on the floor, sneaky little squishy-pig <== one of my many nicknames for Munch) He also would do flips on the bars coming out from the cage that would be there during cage cleaning.

3. If the food bowl wasn't overflowing with food Munch would find a way to fill it to the brim and protect it from his starving brothers, this wasn't a problem because Munch would walk away to add more food to his stash leaving his brothers room to take some to actually eat. Even though rats don't have cheek pouches they can still fit 3 or 4 blocks of food in their mouths if they really stuff it in, so Pippin and Trix would grab a few blocks and go to a spot to eat (away from Munch) Then Munch would trot to where eat of them were and take everything, except the food they were eating to his "stash" after the other rats were finished eating they would go back to the food bowl and grab some more. Then Munch would follow them and once again take everything except what they were eating, and the cycle continued.

4. When the rats were little we would play a "game" where I would push paper towel strips through the bars and they would grab them set them down and grab another one. But Munch, being really lazy or really lazy (probably lazy) would grab the towels that the other set down and take them to their box, technically he was helping, but it would be more helpful if 3 of them were taking paper towels.

5. We've established that Munch has a hoarding problem and that he is very acrobatic. But you haven't heard about his pooping problem. He always pooped, not usually on people! But if he got scared (usually he was outside) he would poop. I know it's tmi but it's Guy humor I should know I have 2 brothers. Munch used to poop on the side of the cage (Because he was a weirdo and couldn't do anything slightly normal) and once or twice he pooped on Trix's head. But the funniest turd story was when my neighbor took care of them when we were on Vacation for 3 weeks, she didn't remember their names, so Pippin was little blob Munch was big blob and Trix was peanut butter LOL she's an adult btw. We came home to pick them up and she picked up Munch (big blob LOL) he shimmied his jiggly blobby self up to her should and laid 3 beautiful turds. She freaked out and I could swear that he had a content smile on his rattie face.

Note: He ran like a Pepe Le Pew, if you don't know who he is, it's a cartoon skunk, Munch ran exactly like him.

Pippin

1. Pippin is probably the most normal rat I had out of the batch he was smart sweet and spunky. He's still alive and still very funny. Pippin is very fast, his nickname when he was a baby was zoom zoom! Don't judge, it fit him. He would race around and make himself nests of stuff when he was little, he also ate crayons. If I had to describe him in one word it's ENERGETIC. He would always be running around and pouncing on his brothers once he scared a cat away because he ran toward it. He was sitting in my yard when one of the neighborhood cats walked toward him, but instead of freaking out and running away he trotted toward it. The cat was freaked out, he expected to catch him and kill him and leave him on its owner's porch. Because cats do that, dogs bring you chew toys to show their love and cats leave you dead animals. Delicious.

2. As crazy Munch is about food, Pippin is crazier he will literally attack his brothers if they try and take his food. In my cage there are two levels, the second level is half the size of the bottom level. I made the mistake of putting a few treats in the food bowl a few minutes later I hear a squeak and turn around to see a ball of rolling fur and Munch flying off of the top shelf. He was fine, but let's just say I never put treats into the food bowl.

There a few more stories about Pippin but I think I'm going to leave that here.

Comments

  1. Lol this is awesome! I dont think youve convinced me to have a rat yet tho;) hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the funny stories the cute and sweet ones are the ones that are supposed to win you over LOL I posted the next Elven chapter before this one... opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry didn't see your reply until now XD my opinion? gosh... it is amazing! Like I said if you need any help editing it I will be the first in line! Also I wanted to share this self publishing book website..
      http://www.lulu.com/create
      Hope you are doing okay!! I haven't heard from you in a while..

      Delete
    2. I have been doing really good! High school is just really busy. Thanks for the link I will be sure to check it out. Thank you! If I ever do publish you can absolutely help me edit :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts