Fauna Quest for the Evergreen Tree chapter 8

Fauna quest for the Evergreen tree chapter 8

Fauna's heart raced as she tore through the purple colored brush surrounding her. She had to find the right flower, otherwise, Rowen would die. Fauna's left ear twitched and her bright frantic eyes searched the area around her. "Who's there?" she whispered not moving one inch. A low growl answered her. Fauna's dark brown wild eyes scanned the ground looking for something she could use as a weapon, in her haste she had left her bow and arrows at the place she and Rowen had camped out. Then the creature attacked. Fauna woke up with a cry of alarm and looked wildly around. Rowen was at the fire and looked at her with concern. "What has alarmed you your highness?" he asked as he lay his hand on his dagger. Fauna just stared at him blankly, "Just a bad dream." she cleared her throat. "My true name is Fauna, not "your highness" I have told you many times." Rowen smiled his upper lip twitching. "I'm sorry Fauna, I hadn't meant to offend you." Fauna stood up and reached for her bow, alert. Rowen laughed, "I think you're taking this a little too harshly Fauna." Fauna silenced him, "We're being watched." she whispered, taking an arrow from her quiver she located her target. "Come out before I impale you." Rowen's eyes widened. "Fauna! Not so drastic." Fauna didn't move. "Silence Rowen." a figure stepped out from the brush. "Listen to the lad, you wouldn't really kill me would you?" the figure was dressed in a dark purple cloak and scarlet dress, their chestnut hair was cut above their waist. Fauna's eyebrows narrowed, "Don't test me stranger." she growled through clenched teeth. The figure flipped their hood up to reveal an older elven woman, she had dark hazel eyes and a beautiful smile. "I won't test you, Fauna. Tell me, how is your father?" Fauna suddenly grew pale as she lowered her bow. "What do you know of me and my father?" The woman laughed, "I wouldn't suppose you would remember your mother?" Fauna stepped backward into Rowen. He rested his hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright Fauna?" She shook her head. "My mother is dead."
the woman shook her head. "No, she's standing right in front of you."

Elspeth lay in Willow's lap as Willow braided her auburn hair. "You have very beautiful hair, Elspeth, I wish my hair had as much color as yours." Willow sighed as she combed her fingers through Elspeth's clean hair. "Oh no, princess Willow your hair is wonderful and so soft," Elspeth answered with a yawn. Reth stood in the doorway. "If my opinion were to amend your dilemma I believe that both of your heads hold very beautiful locks." Willow smiled and motioned Reth to sit on the window sill beside them. Reth smiled, "I believe that Elspeth looks exhausted and perhaps she would like to lie down?" Elspeth shook her head adamantly but allowed Reth to carry her over to her sleeping quarters and lay her on her bed. "I'm not tired, really," she said with a yawn. Reth kissed her on her forehead, he had become extremely fond of the girl he had rescued over a week ago. Elspeth smiled and pulled herself under the covers and quickly fell fast asleep.



Comments

  1. When are you going to add the next part of the story??? THIS IS SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk if I'm going to anytime soon... my life is really busy rn... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts